In this episode you’ll learn how to achieve more faster, plus…
- What it will take to stretch your mind and body.
- How I learned how to achieve more faster.
- Where you can find ideas that will get you there faster.
- What books you must be reading as an achiever.
- And much, much more.
Stretch yourself big time! That’s what it’s all about if you want to achieve more faster. Always be looking for bigger and badder things to accomplish.
Here are a few ideas…
Run a 5k
Run a 10k
Run a half marathon
Run a marathon
Run an ultra marathon
Match your physical fitness level with the challenge that sounds a little outside of your comfort zone. Or if you really want to achieve more faster… do something a lot outside of your comfort zone.
Do you think that I knew I was going to finish my first marathon, or ultra marathon, or Ironman…? You better believe that I knew I was going to finish them! Haha! It’s all about mindset if you want to achieve more faster.
Do a Spartan race – find a race in your area here
* This is something that I’m going to start doing more of. These races are a great tool for achieve more faster in your physical, and mental life.
Plan a running / biking / swimming / hiking adventure
* Run around Lake Washington
* The Wonderland Trail in 3 days
* Run around Manhattan
* Run the Enchanted Valley
Read these books to get motivated by great achievement
* The Snoball by Warren Buffett
– Great read to get inside the head of a very successful man.
* SpartanUp by Joe De Sena
– Motivation if you like to be pushed. Joe is the creator of the Spartan race, and an ultra distance machine. He can teach you how to push through adversity.
* Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
– An amazing story that ALL entrepreneurs should read! Nike wasn’t started overnight.
* Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
– Want to ready about a crazy real life survival story… this is about as good as they get.
* The Emerald Mile by Kevin Fedarko
– After reading this you might book a trip to boat down the Grand Canyon, so you’ve been warned.
* Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
– Amazing person, amazing book. I’ve never ready something of Tony’s that I didn’t like. He can change you life, and definitely changed mine!
* Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
– Want to get inspired by hard work of others… This story of an Olympic rowing team will get you fired up to achieve anything.
* Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson
– Maybe the greatest innovator of our time. Need I say more…
* Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
– Elon Musk is freaking insane. This guy does not think like most people, and that’s a good thing this day and age. Read this, and take on some of Elon’s drive.
* Ultra Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes
– Warning: Every time that I’ve read this book I’ve done something extreme. It got me started with ultra marathons. It inspired me to run around Manhattan with just a credit card in my pocket. It pushed me over the edge to run around Lake Washington. It’s the most inspiring book that I’ve ever read!
* Schedule it
* Tell people
* Get someone or multiple someone’s to join you
* Absolutely not necessary!
Once you schedule it, it’s real. Schedule this event TODAY!
You can sign up for a Spartan Race, or a triathlon, or a running race, or a bike ride, or schedule a long hike, or just put a day of running on your calendar!
Don’t leave this post without scheduling your event that’s going to help you to achieve more.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you.
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.