In this episode you’ll learn how to prepare for an ultra marathon, plus…
- HOW TO MAKE IT FUN.
- The nutrition and hydration required.
- How many days a week you should train.
- If you should or shouldn’t do weight training.
- And much, much more.
Training 3-4 days a week
* You’ll get up to 4 days as your LSD training runs get longer, and you push them into 2 runs in a 24 hour period.
* Getting heart rate up over a period of high exertion bursts
* Goal is to provide a stimulus that your body is not used to
* Different energy systems, and different muscle types from LSD
* Fun run!
* City running
* Trail running
* Slow time progression up to 6-8 miles
2nd LSD day
* 3 times per week
* Push / pull would work
* Legs, back, and biceps
* Chest, shoulders, triceps
* Standing desk – super important!
** If you plan to run an ultra marathon you NEED to be able to stand on your feet all day long.
* Daily stretching
* Contrast therapy
* Cold therapy
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
– POSE Running Method
– Calm app
– Headspace app
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you.
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.