Chicken, spinach, and beet salad (w/artichoke hearts) – Lunch
Salads can be a hit or miss meal prep item. You need to make sure they stay crunchy, and they should contain a lot of really healthy foods.
I mean, if you’re going to be eating a salad, it should be super healthy, right…
This salad covers some pretty major healthiness with the chicken, spinach, and beets (which none of us probably eat enough of).
Not to mention, this is just so easy to prepare.
Here’s what we did…
- 3 pounds of Trader Joe’s Organic chicken breast
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s spinach
- 2 packs of Trader Joe’s beets
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s artichoke hearts
- 1 box of Trader Joe’s mushrooms (about 10 mushrooms)
- 1 tube of garlic goat cheese
Dressing / marination
- 1.5 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- .5 cup olive oil
- Marinate the chicken for 4 hours
- Cook mushrooms in butter on stovetop for about 10 minutes
- Layer spinach on the bottom of your glass wear
- Sprinkle the beets, artichoke hears, mushrooms, and goat cheese on top of the spinach
- Finish by chopping the chicken into slices, and adding to the top of your meal
Keep the dressing in a shaker bottle, and add to that days salad to avoid having the spinach get soggy.
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 8
Calories – 380
Fat – 16 grams
Carbs – 11 grams
Protein – 47 grams
If you like goat cheese and beet salads, you’ll really enjoy this Chicken, spinach, and beet salad. In fact, I liked it best served at room temp, which allowed the goat cheese to spread around the salad.