Asian chicken slaw salad
I’m going to be straight with you, when I first saw this salad, I wasn’t sold. But after tasting it, my mind was completely changed.
This salad is seasoned so well, and the colors are absolutely amazing!
It’s crispy! The peanut butter and fish sauce together sound weird, but are a match made in heaven!
We found this recipe originally on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen, and changed some things… for one we eliminated the noodles. No noodle for these kids. Rarely are noodles a good nutritional idea, unless they are some sort of vegetable noodle (cucumber, or sweet potato, etc).
I still highly recommend that you checkout Lexi’s Clean Kitchen for awesome recipes!
Asian chicken slaw salad Grocery List
- 2.7 pounds of Trader Joe’s organic chicken breast
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos
- 6 tablespoons Trader Joe’s almond butter
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons garlic
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 4 teaspoon toasted sesame oils
- 1 lime juiced, more to taste
- 4 carrots
- 2 Red bell pepper
- 2 Yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 purple cabbage
- 2 cup snap peas
- 2 cucumber
- 4 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces
- Cook over medium heat, until fully cooked
- Add all of the sauce ingredients into a blender
- Blend until saucy
- Chop all of the veggies to your liking. We chopped them in long, thin cuts.
- Pretty much just mix it all together
- We separated ours into 10 individual meal prep glass wear dishes
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 10
Calories – 319
Fat – 11 grams
Carbs – 24 grams
Protein – 33 grams
Freaking amazing! If you like almond butter, and fish sauce, and chicken, and cabbage… you’ll LOVE THIS!!!