In this show I go over my UPDATE 2018 Holiday Eating Attack Plan, and more!
In this episode you’ll learn about… my UPDATED 2018 Holiday Eating Attack Plan, plus…
- What you need to do to get started today.
- What you need to do on your Holiday eating day.
- The things you MUST focus on doing daily.
- How to keep the gains coming even after the holidays.
- And much, much more.
Let’s get your 2018 Holiday Eating Attack Plan ready to rock!
Wether this is Thanksgiving, one of the many holiday parties you’ll be attending, Christmas, New Years, or some other heavy eating event… this plan will keep those pounds from getting added to your waistline or hips when you eat big.
First things first, if you’re not working out now… start working out today! Getting your body stimulated to use the food that you’re eating for fuel is going to be the biggest opportunity that you have!
You can get this started quick and dirty by going to CrossFit.com or signing up for my programming at TheGetBetterProject.com where I have daily bodyweight and full weight programs.
The key is to get moving with good form and high intensity ASAP!
Just to be clear, this is not going to be able limiting yourself when you have these big meals. It’s going to be about how you can stimulate your body, quickly and easily to use the food for good, and to keep it from adding another layer of fat to your tummy.
Key 2018 Holiday Eating Attack Plan Bullets
* Start working out now. This is going to be key in getting your metabolism revved up for burning through food.
* Whenever you have the opportunity, eat green leafy vegetables as your main carb source. Think salad instead of bread, pasta, rice, fruit, etc. Ask me if you have questions.
* Your meals should be protein, fats, veggies. That’s the though process.
* Make sure you’re drinking .5 to .75 ounces per pound of ideal body weight. Just doing this will help you look leaner.
Here’s an example of what your day will look like
7am wake up
Drink 32 ounce of water
*some kind of fat or protein powder in your coffee is fine, or just black, but NO carbs.
Meal 1 – Eat your first meal 14-16 hours after dinner – 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil and 4 cups of spinach or kale. Add cheese if you’d like.
Go to work
Keep a 32 ounce water bottle on your desk at all times. I like the HydroFlask 32 ounce insulated bottle, but any big bottle will do.
Every time you go to the bathroom take 5+ big gulps from your water bottle (when you get back from the bathroom, of course).
Snack – a handful of raw almonds or cashews.
Meal 2 – LARGE salad from any place you’d like. Dressing must have less than 5 grams of sugar, so think olive oil and vinaigrette, or blue cheese. Also, iceberg lettuce doesn’t count as a green leafy vegetable. Ask for no croutons, they are essentially bread, and bread is essentially sugar.
Snack – Another handful of nuts, or some beef jerky.
Workout – Warm up for 10 mins on the elliptical. Then do a 30 minute high intensity circuit. This is ideally done with 3-6 rounds/sets, 8-15 reps per exercise per set, and large movements (squats, lunges, bench/pushups, pull-ups/pulldowns, etc).
Meal 3 – Steak, chicken, pork, etc., broccoli with butter, cauliflower with butter (or whatever InsideTracker tells you).
If you’re eating enough fat you shouldn’t be getting hungry. It might take a few days for this to set in.
****Repeat this everyday until your BIG feeding day, but take every 4th day off from the workouts. If you’d like to stay active on “off days” you can go for a walk or easy run/ride.
THE DAY OF BIG EATING
1. Do a HARD workout prior to eating. The workout can really be any time of day, but it MUST be prior to your glutinous meal. Ideally within 2 hours of the meal starting point.
2. Keep your water intake up. Even if you’re drinking alcohol, MAKE SURE YOU HIT YOUR WATER GOAL.
3. Eat big! You’ve earned it, and will be able to use the food to recover from your workouts.
* When you workout this way your metabolism will be elevated and you’ll burn fat faster than you thought possible.
* Have a meal like this once a week and it won’t derail you from being mean and lean. You just need to understand how the body views food.
* You will have more energy than almost anyone around you, and will most likely be healthier than any other time in your life.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
– TheGetBetterProject.com for my daily fitness programing
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”