In this show I get into the 9 easy things you can do to make 2019 better than 2018!
In this episode you’ll learn about… 9 easy things you can do to make 2019 better than 2018, plus…
- What will make you start feeling happier in just a few weeks.
- Where to get workouts that will take you to the next level of fitness.
- Why you need to think about food and water
- How to get the most out of each day.
- And much, much more.
- Pick up a daily gratitude practice. I like the 5 minute journal. In just a few short weeks this will absolutely change your life. You will start to appreciate things that you should have already been appreciating, but for some reason started taking for granted.
- Use your calendar daily. Get in the habit of scheduling everything that’s important to you. You won’t be perfect and that’s ok. But you will increase your chances of getting those non urgent but very important things done regularly. Think daily workouts.
- Drink more water daily. About 60% of your body is water, so it’s super important to keep your body flush with lots of water. I recommend that you drink .5 to .75 ounces per pound of ideal body weight. AND I recommend using a water tracking app (like Waterlogged) to make sure that you’re reminded to drink water all day. Without keeping track your doomed. trust me.
- Join a daily workout program or group that will allow you to not have to think about what you need to do in the gym each day. This could be joining a CrossFit gym, Orange Theory, or getting started with my The Get Better Project daily workouts.
- Improve your peer group. Take some time to think about if you’re hanging out with people that you want to be like. This is so important if you have goals that you have not achieved yet. Your goals will be completed much faster if you’re hanging around people that have already achieved those goals.
- Minimized your life. Having gone through this process a few times in my life, I can tell you that getting by with less “things” in your life is so refreshing. You can get started by going through your closet and donating all of the clothes that you don’t wear regularly. This is such a freeing experience.
- Keep track of your goals. Make sure that you have written down what you want to achieve in 2019 or beyond. Just doing this and referencing it regularly will mold the actions that you take.
- Be mindful of what you’re eating. As a human I think that one of the most beneficial things that we can do is to learn about what we’re putting into our bodies daily. Just think about how much food is a part of your life. Don’t you think you should know what different foods are and what they will do to you when you consume them? Start by using MyFitnessPal to track everything that you put into your mouth for the next month. Just do your best. If you miss a day don’t stress it.
- Ask yourself regularly if you’re doing your best. It’s easy to get into the habit of just trying to get by, but there’s nothing gratifying about that. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest, and you need to give your best effort to get the most out of life. ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST!
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
The Get Better Project dot com / programs – sign up for new shows in your inbox to get updated when we open up our workout program to more people in January 2019.
Metta – Go to DrinkMetta.com and use code “allaroundjoe” to get a sweet discount!
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”