In this episode you’ll learn about Too much protein, stop soreness, cheat meals, and active recovery, plus…
- How to know how much protein you need.
- What tools will stop muscle soreness.
- When you should have cheat meals.
- What are the best kinds of active recovery.
- And much, much more.
Every once in a while I’ll do a podcast where I ask the listeners (you) what they would like to know about, and I’ll bundle a few of the questions into one podcast.
In this podcast, we are answering listener questions:
The first few questions come from Brady
– Is there such a thing as too much protein?
The simple answer is, yes. You can overload your kidneys by eating too much protein. The longer answer asks, how much is too much.
Here’s what I have to say about protein. I’ve found that you only need (at the most), 1 gram per pound of ideal body weight. And eating anything more than that doesn’t have much impact.
– Tips for stopping, or minimizing muscle soreness.
Here’s my list: eat a great diet that has been vetted by InsideTracker, take PerfectAminos, warm-up property before workouts, stretch after workouts, use the foam roller and lacrosse balls, use VooDoo Floss, do contrast therapy when you can.
– Cheat meal, when you should have them, and when you shouldn’t
I believe that if you’re trying to lose weight, you should only have one, three hour cheat window every week, and it must be after a hard workout.
But, if you’re a hard working CrossFit athlete that is doing 1-3 workouts a day, then you can have up to two, three hour cheat windows a week on days that you have hard workouts.
For a more detailed explanation on cheat meals, listen to the podcast.
– The best ways to add active recovery to your workout week.
Here are my thoughts.
1. Take calls/emails while going on walks.
2. Ride/row for 20-40 minutes right after your workout, or on off days.
3. Ride, row, or walk over running to lessen impact on joints.
4. Get a treadmill desk :-).
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
Holosync – Meditation help
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you.
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.