In this episode you’ll learn if you really need sports supplements, plus…
- What supplements work best for CrossFit.
- How to choose the best supplements.
- If YOU actually need them for yourself.
- If weight loss supplements work.
- And much, much more.
The short answer is, no. You don’t really need sports supplements.
BUT, and it’s a big but, I believe that you will get a boost from taking the right sports supplements, and improve faster.
What are the best sports supplements for CrossFitters?
* Amino acids – Must be complete amino acids. I only take PerfectAminos.
* Creatine – These days, it seems like a high quality Creatine Monohydrate is the best way to go. Lots of companies try to get too creative with their creatine, and it just doesn’t matter.
* Caffein or Pre-workout – Having taken a lot of pre-workout supplements, and going over 1.5 years without talking any caffeinated anything, I can tell you that a high quality pre-workout product will, without a doubt, boost your performance.
* Multi-vitamin – I do believe that it’s hard to get all of the vitamins and minerals that we need from food these days. That’s why I recommend taking a high quality multi-vitamin (or green supplement), about 5 days a week.
* Other – Every person will have personalized supplements, or foods that they should be taking. But you won’t know what these are unless you’re doing a blood testing program such as InsideTracker.
Do weight loss supplements work?
* They don’t work the way people want them to work.
What I mean by this is…
People want to take a supplement and have the weight melt off them faster than they worked to get it on them. And this just isn’t going to happen, and franking I’m very happy that it can’t happen.
But, what weight loss supplements can do, is give you the motivation to get moving (aka work out), and make the workout(s) seem less stressful.
What you need to avoid thinking…
You need to avoid thinking that you cannot get gains without taking sports supplements. All sports supplements should be cycled on and off. And when you’re on an off cycle there is no reason that you can’t still get gains.
Sports supplements are simply a tool.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
InsideTracker.com – Use code allaroundjoe to get 10% off.
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you.
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.