In this episode you’ll learn the 7 habits that keep me ripped year round, plus…
- What I do first thing in the morning.
- What I used to get my body to burn extra fat.
- What I track no matter what.
- What you can start doing today.
- And much, much more.
Habits are the things that you need to put into place if you want to accomplish goals easily. With the right habits, your goals just start to materialize.
These are the habits that I’ve created to keep me ripped year round, as well as, full of energy, strong, and feeling good.
The 7 habits that keep me ripped year round
1. Drink 25% of your daily water consumption upon waking
– Get this done right when you get up. Have your water bottle where you’ll see it when you get out of bed. I step out of bed, put on some clothes, and drink my 48 ounce of water.
– This will jumpstart your nutrition for the day.
2. Track your food/eating – MyFitnessPal
3. Workout as if your life depends on it. Because it really does.
5. Timed meals/water
6. Schedule EVERYTHING!!!
– Work, workout, eating, relaxation, pooping! Haha!
– Make this a priority. Track it daily by hand, or with a sleep app (I use WHOOP).
– I do this right after I drink my water, and before I do my meditation.
– You can do your own stretching/yoga routine. I know my hamstrings and quad can always use extra stretching, so I usually pick one or two muscle groups, and stretch them out for 5 minutes.
– You could also use a program like ROM WOD, if you want someone to tell you what to do.
– It’s more about doing the stretching, than about what you’re stretch.
2. Weekly journaling – Using any note taking app
– I call this Sunday Reflection Time.
– This only takes about 10 minutes, but could be longer if you get on a roll.
– Include –
1. I learned – Write about anything that you learned that week.
2. I loved – Write about what you loved that week.
3. I’m going to change – If there is anything that you want to change, put it here.
3. No email or social media
– This goes back to scheduling. You NEED to schedule times to check your email and social media. DO NOT GET IN THE HABIT OF LETTING THESE THINGS TAKE YOUR ATTENTION!!!
– Doing this will get you so much time back in your life that you won’t know what to do with it. Just don’t go back to checking email or social media. 🙂
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
How to setup your diet for success – click here
MyFitnessPal for iOS / Android
Waterlogged for iOS / Android
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.