In this episode you’ll learn… The CrossFit Open is Over – Time to get to work!, plus…
- How to reflect after the last 5 weeks.
- How to identify the holes in your game.
- What the focus needs to be.
- What will make all the difference.
- How to stay on the fast path rather than the slow path to success.
- And much, much more.
Take a second to reflect
* Journal, meditate, think, go for a long walk/hike
Think about a plan
* Think about the whole next year, and how you’re going to prioritize getting better.
* Ex. 6 month strength focus (snatch, clean, deadlift, etc.).
* 3 month focused endurance before the Open.
What would make the difference
** What areas
* Strength as a whole
* Specific strength technique
* Specific technique efficiencies
How often to practice
* I like a total of 3 times per week.
* So, if you need to improve your muscle ups, you would do them 3 times per week (including your regular training program).
Fast path to success
* Find a coach or program to follow
Slow path to success
* Try to do it on your own
Get excited and stick with your plan for the whole year
* You can adjust, but don’t ever quit
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.