In this episode you’ll learn… How to get out of a motivational slump, plus…
- How to analyze why you might be in a motivational slump.
- Where to look for new motivation.
- How doing a vision board can supercharge your motivation.
- What books have helped me to spark motivation.
- What routine can do to motivation.
- And much, much more.
Motivation is a funny thing
Things to consider when you’re not feeling motivated
- Do you have a concrete goal that you’re working towards
- Are you overtraining
- Are you over-stressed
- Did you have a life event that changed you emotionally
- Moved to new location and lack routine
- Did you stop doing something that has motivated you in the past (what was it)
- Scheduling your workouts
- Training with a workout partner
- Posting your workouts on social media
Chances are you’ve been in a motivational slump before… how did you dig out?
Listened/read to your favorite book
Hangout with energizing friends
Went to a conference
- Unleash the Power Within – Tony Robbins
Took some time off work (complete vacation or just personal health day)
Took some time off from the gym
Tried a different kind of fitness
- Bodybuilding, yoga, barre, Pilates, etc.
Refocused on your goals
Rewrote your goals and vision board(s)
We get focused on constantly producing, but does it really matter?
Can we be more efficient?
What really gets you fired up?
- If nothing really feels like it fires you up… you might need a reset (think vacation). This is not a vacation where you need a vacation from your vacation. No excessive drinking or unhealthy things
Main things to focus on and do
- Dig up your goals or write them for the first time
- If you’re overtraining, or over-stressed schedule some time off
- Find your routine
- New gym or workout schedule
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
Unleash the Power Within – Tony Robbins
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.