In this episode you’ll learn… How to be good at CrossFit, plus…
- What’s the first thing that you need to be good at.
- Where to find good coaching.
- How to know if you are coachable.
- What to do when injuries come knocking.
- How to get your diet right.
- And much, much more.
* You need to show up at the gym around 5 days a week.
* It is possible to do it all yourself, but it will take so much longer without a good coach helping you to move better.
* Online and offline coaching can both work.
A Coachable Attitude
* I’ve seen many, many athletes that could be really good at CrossFit, but they didn’t have the ability to take coaching. Either they didn’t like to have someone telling them how to improve. OR they just wanted to win class workouts, and didn’t pay attention to coaching or standards.
A Strong Diet Plan
* Some people need to eat more than others, and some need more carb or less carbs, but everyone needs to have a solid plan. If you eat without a plan, you won’t know what’s working and what isn’t.
* Some people need to lose some weight, and others need to put on muscle. You can use trial and error, or you can hire someone to help you out (which will get you results faster).
* Checkout allaroundjoe.com/88
Weakness Identification & Focus
* Because CrossFit is a sport that rewards the athlete that is good at everything, you need to get really good at practicing what you are not good at. And you need to practice these weaknesses until you are good at them.
* You must consistently be adding these weaknesses into your program, even if they aren’t currently in your program. This is so important!
An Attention to Recovery
* Sleep, Sleep, Sleep! Checkout allaroundjoe.com/65 to learn how to optimize your sleep.
* Electro stim
* Days off
Enjoy the Grind
* It can take a long time to get better at your weaknesses, so you have to really enjoy working hard and the process of getting better.
* There will be times that you feel like quitting.
Work Really, Really Hard
* You need to be able to push your body to new intensity levels. The body adapts with stress, which is why CrossFit works so well, but you also need to go to the point of discomfort to create that stress that will get results.
* They happen in sport. Do everything that you can to avoid them, but don’t get discouraged if an injury pops up.
* If you start to feel something, don’t push it. Figure out what’s happening.
* You need to have a great sports chiropractor.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.