In this episode you’ll learn… about Recharging your batteries and finding your why, plus…
- What a real vacation should be like.
- How to really recharge your batteries.
- What will recharge your batteries.
- How to find your why.
- What to think about that matters.
- And much, much more.
Recharging your batteries
Why this show is top of mind: Hawaii
What was included: Sun, hiking, CrossFit, swimming, pool, beach, great food, and even better friends.
First real vacation in over 5 years
* I like to work in cool places. It fires me up!
How long does it take to get your reset?
* For me, one week has been not even close to enough time.
What works even better than a vacation for me…
* Doing a really long race or endurance event.
* This scraps me down to my core and shows me what is really important. Try running a marathon, or even better… and ultra marathon. If you’re spending a whole day expending all of your energy and all you have is your thoughts, you’ll figure out some important things about yourself.
Finding your why
Ok, so, we’re all going to die at some point. And let’s be honest, we don’t know what comes after that.
One of my favorite people is Tim Ferriss, and he’s been talking a lot about using death countdown timers to motivate you to do the things that you really want to do.
I realize that this is morbid, but if it motivates you to quit the job you hate, or take the vacation that you’ve been dying to take for years, or start that business that you are scared might not work… then I love it!
I’ve put these two topics together because I think that vacation is a great time to reflect on what you’re doing all of this for… most people would say they would want to just stay on vacation and not go home.
How do you find your why if it’s not coming to you…
Try this – Think about what matters most to you… people, things, experiences, trips, etc. Write it all down. Or think about that you’re going to die and this could all be gone. Like really gone.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
See above for links
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.