In this show we are talking about Is competitive CrossFit dead? Shop Talk w/Joe Ward.
In this episode you’ll learn… Is competitive CrossFit dead?, plus…
- What it sounds like Greg Glassman is changing.
- How the competitive CrossFit season is going to change.
- Where you’ll have to go to qualify for the CrossFit Games.
- What Joe Bauer and Joe Ward think about the CrossFit changes.
- And much, much more.
Greg Glassman is more interested in getting people healthy than finding the fittest people on earth.
The CrossFit Open is moving to October.
Each country with a CrossFit affiliate will crown the fittest in the country from the CrossFit Open.
CrossFit is getting rid of Regionals because it was too much money
* Could they have done a better job of monetizing this?
CrossFit will be partnering with 16 outside events from November to June, where the winners will get an invitation to the CrossFit Games.
The 2 ways to get to the CrossFit Games are to win the CrossFit Open in your country OR win one of the 16 CrossFit scantioned events.
*CrossFit will likely take the top 20 people from the Open AND the winners in each country.
* You get more chances to get to the CrossFit Games
* The 16 sanctioned events will probably get more popular and fun to watch.
* We will have CrossFit being broadcast all year.
* CrossFit takes too many unqualified athletes to the Games due to some countries not being competitive enough.
* If you’re an athlete trying to get to the Games, you might have to be training ALL year long.
* Regionals was very fun to watch and even more fun to compete at. I don’t think the 16 sanctioned events will be able to make people feel as special as Regionals did.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
– The Morning Chalk Up
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”