In this show we are talking about Training Intensity & Listening to Your Body.
In this episode you’ll learn about… Training Intensity & Listening to Your Body, plus…
- When to push the intensity and when to listen to your body.
- What tools you can use to help know if your body is stressed.
- How to evaluate if you mind is getting in the way of your training.
- When you should just rest up.
- And much, much more.
Training Intensity & Listening to Your Body
- Do you know how to be true to what your body needs?
- Some days you can push really hard.
- Some days you want to push really hard but you can’t, and that’s fine.
- Can you get your mind out of your way?
- Use tools to help you BUT don’t let them completely determine how hard you push.
- Some days my WHOOP will tell me to take it easy, but when I get moving I feel great.
- Some days my WHOOP tells me my system is primed to perform, but I can’t get things moving.
Having a mindset for discovery
- Always explore if you mind is getting in the way of you crushing your workout.
- Can you change your mindset and have a great workout, OR are you actually beat down?
- Things that have helped me to figure this out…
- Go for a 5-10 minute run/ride/row. This can reveal a lot, and sometimes switch your mind off and your body ON!
- Try to get intense, mad, or fired up by thinking of things that make you emotional. Does your body get energized or more tired?
Be OK with resting
- I know it’s easier said than done, but if you feel tanked physically, resting/napping/getting extra sleep is ok.
- Does your work have a napping room? 🙂
- It’s also ok to have a bad workout, or a workout where you don’t perform up to your normal standards. Those workouts can be the one’s that actually launch you into more gains.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
– WHOOP – Use code ALLAROUNDJOE for a 1 month free on 6 month plan.
Partners mentioned in this podcast
– InsideTracker – Use code ALLAROUNDJOE for a discount.
– Recovr Mattress – Use code ALLAROUNDJOE for a 50% discount.
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”