A while back we went on a vacation to Maui, and while in Maui we ate fish tacos at a place called Coconuts Fish Cafe.
These were the BEST fish tacos I’ve ever had!!! Actually, they were the best tacos I’ve ever had.
Since that time we’ve been trying to recreate these amazing fish tacos, and although the Coconuts Fish Tacos are one of a kind, these fish tacos that we’ve created are freaking amazing!
Something that I’d like to preface, these are more of a cheat meal than something you want to be eating all the time. This is simply due to the amount of calories in each serving.
That being said, you could easily eat less than we do.
This will serve 4 people, 3 tacos each.
Fish Taco INGREDIENTS
- 3 Frozen Mahi Mahi fillets from Costco or Trader Joe’s
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Organic Shredded Green and Red Cabbage With Orange Carrots
- 3/4 cup of Just Mayo from Safeway
- 12 corn tortillas from Trader Joe’s
- 1 fresh mango from Trader Joe’s (or wherever you can find them)
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s shredded mixed cheddar cheese
- 1 jar of Salsa Especial from Trader Joe’s
- Thaw fish
- Cook fish on stove top on medium heat
- Put fish on it’s own plate (or bowl)
- Mix cabbage with mayo in large bowl
- Peal, and cut the meat off of the mango
- Put the mango in bowl
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet over medium heat
- Melt the cheese on the tortillas while they are warming
- Once all of the cheese is melted add cheesy tortillas to a plate
- Stack the fish, mango, cabbage, and salsa onto the cheesy tortillas
Attempt to eat without spilling the fillings all over you! 🙂
Expect this to be messy!
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 4
Calories – 1025
Fat – 58 grams
Carbs – 83 grams
Protein – 41 grams