On this show I talk about How to create massive change (a new and improved you)!
And Subscribe At:
iTunes – Stitcher Radio – Google Play
In this episode you’ll learn How to create massive change (a new and improved you)
- How to get rid of titles that don’t serve you.
- Where to find new titles for yourself.
- Where to look for great people to copy.
- How we have so much opportunity because of Instagram.
- And much, much more.
Links from show
When you tell someone about yourself what do you tell them?
– Oh, I’m an architect
– I work as a marketer
– Pro soccer player
– I am a runner
Who are you?
If you’re trying to accomplish a goal how do you associate yourself with it?
– Are you working on a building or are you an architect
– Do you think of yourself as running a race, or are you a runner
– Are you a coder or are you writing code
And even further
– Are you running a marathon or are you a marathoner
Who are you, and what do you associate yourself with?
What do you have to prove to yourself before you start becoming that thing?
What I’ve learned about creating a new you –
As soon as someone starts distinguishing themselves as part of a group (architect, marathoner, CrossFitter, even an in-shape person) all of the actions that need to be taken to achieve that title become easy.
– Architect, you do what architects do.
– Marathoner, you do what marathoners do.
– Competitive CrossFitter, you do what competitive CrossFitters do.
– Professional website designer, you do what professional website designers do.
Do you see where I’m going here?
So, if you’re an out of shape slob, what does it take for you to become one of these other titles? If you’re a CrossFitter, then you’re not an out of shape slob anymore.
There are certain titles that just don’t go together, and as soon as you’ve sold (or brainwashed) yourself into believing this “new you” it will become super easy to take the actions and get the results for the rest of your life.
Research the new you –
Sometimes you might have to do a little research to find out what a competitive CrossFitter does so you can start becoming that title.
I will admit that for most people this is easier with professions. This is because we have the path of going to college, and then finding a job. But, this does seem to be changing.
You might have to take it old school and find people to hangout with (think internship) to see what they are doing.
Which makes me think of CrossFit Mayhem where Rich Froning trains. People who want to make it to the CrossFit Games flock to CrossFit Mayhem in Cookeville Tennessee to see what Rich (and his team) are doing, and learn how to be like them.
In school you go to college, then maybe grad school, then get an internship, then start working at a low level, and then work your way up.
At some point during this training you start to associate yourself with this group (or title). And then until something drastic changes, you have that title (sometimes for life), and you do what those people do.
Does this all make sense?
Here are my titles that I associate myself with –
– Competitive CrossFitter
– Ultra runner
– Fantastic person who motivates other to Get Better
– The type of person that can make anything happen
– And so on…
So, who are you?
Partners mentioned in this podcast
– Metta – Use code allaroundjoe to get 10% off at DrinkMetta.com
*above could be affiliate links. And, I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”