Here we go… How to sleep like a baby!
And Subscribe At:
iTunes – Stitcher Radio – Google Play
In this episode you’ll learn how to How to sleep like a baby!
- What you NEED to do to your room
- The things that you must eliminate from pre bedtime
- Why lights can crush sleep
- What you can take that actually works
- And much, much more.
Links from show
There are a number of things that can help you to sleep like a baby. Here’s a list that can get you going.
Start with one (or more) of these tips and when you’re ready, move onto the next. You will ideally be utilizing most of these on a day basis (with the possible exception of the Other Tools).
Don’t Avoid Working on Your Sleep
Sleep is the best possible way for your brain and body to recover faster (AND IMPROVE)! And if you think of yourself as a good sleeper or someone who could improve… These tools will be helpful for either of you.
It’s pretty much impossible to be a perfect sleeper, and we should all be trying to improve.
– Make sure your room is 100% dark. Use black out curtains. Cover any lights in the room (including digital clocks or outlets). Or you can get a good eye mask if room black out isn’t an option.
– Cooler is better. If you can keep your room at 68f/20c or below that would be best.
– Noises. If there is any change in environmental noise you should consider using ear plugs.
Have a Solid Routine
– Night time routine is HUGE. No phones, TV, or any blue light devices an hour before bed.
Eat Dinner Early
– Avoid digesting food. Try to eat your last meal 1-2 hours prior to going to bed. Digestion during sleep can be a disruption.
Try These Supplements
– Taking 400mg of magnesium can help with sleep and muscle repair.
– Taking a CBD supplement (if it’s legal in your area) can be a big help with falling and staying asleep.
Other Tools that will help you sleep like a baby
– Blue light blocking glasses
– Relaxing essential oils
– Binaural beats for sleep. Checkout the SleepStream 2 app
– Meditation for sleep/relaxation. Checkout the Calm app
– WHOOP strap and tracking app. You don’t really know how good you’re doing unless you track it. And you really can’t just tell on your own. So, using a tool like WHOOP can be immensely beneficial in getting an objective opinion on how you’re doing with your sleep.
Sleep can be a frustrating thing, but having a system for better sleep that has been proven by science will help you to sleep like a baby more often than not.
Partners mentioned in this podcast
– Metta – Use code allaroundjoe to get 10% off at DrinkMetta.com
*above could be affiliate links. If that’s the case, I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”