The Acorn Squash Bowl with Chicken & Bacon was a completely random… “hey, does this sound good” kinda meal.
And, it ended up tasting freaking delicious (even after reheating on day 5).
If you’re looking for something to make with the seasonal squash that we have available to us right now, give this easy, creative meal a try.
Acorn Squash Bowl with Chicken & Bacon Grocery List
- 5 acorn squash
- 4 pounds of ground Trader Joe’s chicken
- 6 slices of Trader Joe’s black forest bacon
- 2 red peppers
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s shitake mushrooms
- 2 packages of Trader Joe’s crumbled goat cheese
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 bag of Trader Joe’s spinach
- Ground black pepper
- Roasted red pepper flakes
- Half, and de-seed the acorn squash
- Slice bacon into small squares and cook over medium stove until done
- Add ground chicken to bacon fat, and cook over medium heat until done
- Season ground chicken with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Set cooked meat aside
- Pour left over bacon/chicken grease into acorn squash half
- Bake squash in oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until cooked
- While cooking… chop up onion, peppers, and mushrooms, and cook on stovetop
- Add spinach to veggies at the end to get cooked down
- Mix the meats and veggies, AND goat cheese in a large bowl
- Once squash is cooked, scoop mixture into bowls until evenly filled
That’s it! So easy! And so good!
We separated ours into individual serving sized dishes, and enjoy the whole week.
- Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, and enjoy!
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 10
Calories – 408
Fat – 19 grams
Carbs – 31 grams
Protein – 45 grams