Cauliflower Baked Ziti
When we are looking for things to make for our meal prep each week, we first decide what sounds good, and then we go looking for recipes that are close.
This week we are on an Italian kick, and thinking something that sounds like pizza, or lasagna would be tasty!
After spending some time on the googles we found the Lexi’s Clean Kitchen site, and one of her recipes called… Cauliflower Baked Ziti.
You can get a direct link to her site here
As always, we are going to make some adjustments to the recipe, and quantity to make it work for our weekly meal prep requirements, but I always want to be completely transparent about where our ideas are coming from.
Cauliflower Baked Ziti Grocery List
- 2.5 pounds of Trader Joe’s Organic chicken breast tenders
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 28 ounce can of Trader Joe’s Marinara Sauce
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of Whole Fat Ricotta Cheese from Trader Joe’s
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup grated Trader Joe’s parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s sea salt
- 4 cups Trader Joe’s spinach
- 4 ounces Trader Joe’s California Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken tenders in medium heat skillet with garlic salt & pepper to taste until chicken is completely cooked.
- Finely chop (or food process) cauliflower, and add to pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add marinara to pot.
- Cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Add spinach to pot, and cook until spinach is tender.
- In separate bowl mix ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan, Italian seasoning.
- Take marinara mixture off heat, add the chicken, add to baking dish.
- Stir ricotta mixture into the baking dish, until it’s all mixed up.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pop the baking dish in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes, or until the egg is cooked, and the cheese has melted.
- Simply load into your meal prep glass wear, and refrigerate, or toss the baking dish into the fridge, and serve each night.
- When serving… microwave for about 2 minutes, or until your desired heat.
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 8
Calories – 486
Fat – 22 grams
Carbs – 17 grams
Protein – 56 grams