Meal Prep Sunday
Meal prep Sunday is under way, and this week we are making a Chicken Fajita Salad for lunches, and we are having a repeat of the Salsa Verde Chicken (from last week) for dinners.
I can’t go any further without talking about how good the meals were that we made last week. Both the Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato, and the Salsa Verde Chicken were off the charts good!
In fact, I would be willing to say that was the best week of meal prepping we’ve done. And we’ve been doing Meal Prep Sunday for years.
Chicken Fajita Salad – Lunch
This is an Emily Kramer (girlfriend) special creation, so I’ll try my best to give you all the info you need to know to make this dish.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 pounds of organic chicken breast from Trader Joe’s
- 1 can of Trader Joe’s pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s spinach
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese
- Chop peppers and onions, then sautée until they are cooked.
- Add the pinto beans to veggies.
- Set veggies aside.
- Cut the chicken into bit sized pieces, and add to pan with spices and lime juice.
- Cook on stovetop until chicken is fully cooked.
- Mix chicken into veggies.
- Separate into individual glasswear (the is what we use and really like).
- Add about a tablespoon of the Mexican cheese to each serving.
When you are going to eat the Chicken Fajita Salad simply serve over 2 cups of spinach. You could add the spinach to the glasswear on Sunday, but you might find that the spinach gets a little slimy.
If that doesn’t bother you, and simplicity is your jam, then add the spinach to the glasswear.
Nutrition Info Per Meal
This will provide 10 meals (Monday – Friday)
Fat 4 grams
The taste report:
Salsa Verde Chicken – Dinner
This is the dish that we made for lunches last week, and it can easily go for a dinner or lunch. Click here to get all the info for this dish
Snacks For This Week Include