Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken
Now, how good does that sound?!
Let me tell you. It sounds great!
And it is great!
We coupled this meal with a large orange sweet potato topped with a pad of Kerry Gold butter.
It started off as another beautiful concoction from the one and only Just Jessie B. Make sure you checkout Jessie’s site for some great recipes!
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Grocery List
- 2 1/2 lbs Trader Joe’s organic chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp ghee from Trader Joe’s
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 container Trader Joe’s white mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s coconut milk
- 1 1/2 packages Trader Joe’s sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bake the chicken at 400 degrees in 2 tablespoons of ghee until browned. We used one of those glass baking dishes, but the recipe called for a oven safe skillet.
- Remove the chicken, and chop to your desired size. I like smaller pieces for easy eating.
- Chop up broccoli and mushrooms.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper flakes, and another tablespoon of ghee to skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, sun dried tomatoes, herbs, and spices to skillet.
- Boil the sauce, but once it’s boiling lower the heat until it’s just simmering.
- Once sauce starts to thicken add the chicken.
- Finally, put this whole thing back into the glass baking dish, and back into the oven, then cook until the chicken is ready (if you’ve chopped your chicken into smaller pieces it will cook faster, than larger pieces).
- Evenly portion the chicken, and sauce into your 8 glass wear dishes.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes when serving from the fridge.
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 8
Calories – 337
Fat – 12 grams
Carbs – 12 grams
Protein – 31 grams
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Taste report
Man, if you like sun dried tomatoes.. this is a meal prep you should have on your radar. The combination of sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken thighs, broccoli, and the sweet potato, all in the creamy sauce were perfect!