This week we came up with the Quinoa Greek Salad while on a walk through the neighborhood.
It was a very beautiful Seattle Sunday. We are talking shorts, and t-shirt in the morning, beautiful day.
Basically we were just doing a meal prep brainstorm session.
I wanted to stick with a non-red mead meal (due to my InsideTracker blood testing), and Quinoa is a food that I’m supposed to eat more of.
So… Quinoa, chicken, feta, and a bunch of other veggies = meal prep deliciousness!
Quinoa Greek Salad INGREDIENTS
- 3 pounds of Trader Joe’s Organic chicken breast
- 1 cup of uncooked red quinoa from Trader Joe’s
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts from Trader Joe’s
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 cans of Trader Joe’s sliced black olives
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 packed of the Trader Joe’s feta in Greek herbs
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8th of a cup olive oil
- Cook the chicken on the stovetop until fully cooked.
- Cook quinoa by following box instructions.
- Chop all of the veggies, and add to a large bowl.
- Add chicken, quinoa, black olives, feta, vinegar, and olive oil to veggie bowl.
- It’s an easy prep!
The Quinoa Greek Salad could be kept in the large bowl in the fridge, and then spooned out each day. Or you could add to individual glass wear (this is what we did).
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 8
Calories – 429
Fat – 16 grams
Carbs – 26 grams
Protein – 48 grams
Taste report for Quinoa Greek Salad