Tasty Asian Salad
Another Sunday, another day of meal prep!
We were looking for something that was full of flavor, but not too heavy.
This Tasty Asian Salad fit the bill for a sunny Seattle week!
We have to give major props to Just Jessie B, where we found the original recipe, before making a few modifications to fit our food preferences.
Make sure you checkout Jessie B’s website for some great meals at the link below:
Tasty Asian Salad INGREDIENTS
- 3 lb ground chicken
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 6 green onions
- 4 tsp minced ginger
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Chop all of the veggies.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground chicken, white onion, ginger, and garlic, and cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the green onion, peppers, cashews, and cook until the peppers are tender.
- Add coconut aminos, tomato paste, seasoning, and cook until warm.
*For very detailed instructions checkout Jessie B’s blog here
- Fill all of your glass wear with a couple inches of lettuce.
- Spoon the meat goodness on top of the lettuce.
- Put a lid on your glass wear.
- When eating – eat cold, or microwave for 2-3 minutes, and enjoy!
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Number of servings – 8
Calories – 401
Fat – 22 grams
Carbs – 13 grams
Protein – 37 grams
This meal is full of flavor, and great for a hot day. We’ve been eating it cold out of the fridge, and the crispy lettuce makes is feel so fresh.
If you like the coconut amino flavor, I would bet that you’ll like this as well.
This weeks snacks
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Seeds (these were recommended by InsideTracker)
Trader Joe’s Plantain Chips