On this show I tell you how to, Stay Fit While Traveling. And still eating all of the food!
And Subscribe At:
iTunes – Stitcher Radio – Google Play
In this episode you’ll learn how to… Stay Fit While Traveling. And still eating all of the food.
- Where the majority of people are going wrong.
- How you can walk places, see WAY more cool stuff, and stay fit.
- Where to find the best hidden gems while traveling.
- How you don’t need to go to a gym, but you can still workout.
- And much, much more.
4 steps to Stay Fit While Traveling
1. Get your fitness routine SOLID before you start traveling. If you haven’t created a fitness routine prior to starting your adventures… it will be hard to jump start one.
2. Use this super simple equation, eat less than you burn.
When traveling (let’s say to Europe) there is usually a TON to see, and most of the time it’s better to be seen on foot. What this means, is that you should walk whenever you can. Most of the time, you’ll find that this alone will be enough to have you return home lighter than when you left (even if you indulge on all of the local foods).
Just make sure you bring a comfy pair of walking shoes, and an adventurous attitude! During our recent trip to the Amalfi Coast we saw 90% more than the average tourist simply due to walking and exploring the cities. We found old ruins, hidden restaurants, and 360 degree breathtaking views, with pretty much no one else around.
3. If you find a gym, go. But if not, find a great online program to get bodyweight workouts to do in your hotel room. There are so many great workout programs that you can join (like The Get Better Project) that will give you daily bodyweight workouts to follow from anywhere.
4. Eat ALL of the delicious foods you come across! You only live once, so go for it.
If you follow step number 2, it won’t matter one bit, and you’ll see yourself getting leaner as you travel. BUT, if you give in to taking the taxi’s and busses… you find yourself plump as can be when you return home (and you’ll miss seeing some of the coolest things your travels have to offer!).
Now, I’m not talking about walking 20 miles to see some far off thing, but I’m talking about walking a mile here or a mile there to go to breakfast/lunch/dinner, or to see the local sights. If it’s less than 2 miles away… get to walking!
Remember to ask your healthcare professional if you’re fit enough to be walking. And if you aren’t sure… you really need to get your shit together! Like now! Probably by starting to walk more. Haha!
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. And, I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”