On this show I talk about Tips for better sleep that you can use today!
And Subscribe At:
iTunes – Stitcher Radio – Google Play
In this episode you’ll learn about Tips for better sleep
- What you should do first thing in the morning to sleep better.
- When to exercise to sleep better.
- What supplements are the must takes.
- How to setup your room for optimal sleep.
- And much, much more.
Links from show
– Psyllium Husk that I take https://amzn.to/2KTYv6o
– For a very detailed DEEP dive into the mechanics of sleep checkout this article by Ben Greenfield
– Benefits of sleep by Very Well Health
– Why good sleep is important by Health Line
Benefits of sleep
– Reduced stress
– Weight loss
– Improves memory
– Improves energy
– Less hunger cravings
– May reduce cancer, heart attacks, and stroke
– May reduce depression
– You will have improved concentration
– Improved athletic performance
– Improved glucose metabolism
Tips for better sleep
– Sun exposure after waking to get a better cortisol release
– 30 minutes of moderate intensity (65% of max) aerobic activity prior to breakfast has been shown to enhance sleep later on when you go to bed
– A regularly timed breakfast to reset your circadian rhythm
– Up to 2.5 hours of intense exercise (50-80% of max) 4-8 hours prior to bed OR 30 minutes of high intensity (85-90% of max) 3-4 hours prior to bed has been shown to improve sleep
– Early evening cold shower or cold soak to lower evening spike in body temp (great after afternoon/evening exercise)
– After sunset get rid of screens, and even bright household lights
– Use blue light blocking glasses
– Without this your body won’t properly secret melatonin (makes you fall asleep easier)
Side note: these things are all related, so just following one thing might help, but also might not…
– Take 300-500mg of magnesium
– Avoid eating large amounts of carbs and protein, especially if you haven’t had a good workout that day. This absolutely includes desserts after dinner, but you could have these after your earlier workout (if needed)
– The higher the fiber in your evening meal the better you’ll sleep. I’m sure there is a limit, but consider eating a done of fibrous veggie or taking a psyllium husk supplement with your last meal.
– For goodness sakes, black out your bedroom already!!!
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. And, I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”