Here we go… When it’s right to take an off season from working out! One of the toughest things for me to do.
And Subscribe At:
iTunes – Stitcher Radio – Google Play – Spotify
In this episode you’ll learn about my struggles with… When it’s right to take an off season from working out!
Links mentioned in the show
– See Below
If you need to take an off season from working out, this will probably/hopefully push you over the edge. And the real reason that you should take an off season is to keep the gains coming strong OR AVOID INJURIES!
When was the last time you took a week off, or spend a month training easy?
You aren’t recovering
– General feeling worn down
– Consistently bad HRV/Whoop
– Blood test indicators like high creating kinase
You can’t get on top of your sleep
– Either can’t fall asleep, can’t stay sleep, or restlessness
– Not getting 8+ hours during hard training and stress
Your workouts have been consistently bad, or you aren’t Getting Better
– This could be due to a lack of commitment, but let’s assume that you work hard, have/take good coaching, and follow a good program
– PR’s are a thing of the past
– You don’t feel explosive or energized
No noticeable changes in your body (if that’s your goal)
– You’re cranking and for at least 2 months it doesn’t seem like you’re moving in the right direction
– This means your training, nutrition, and recovery are on point (don’t lie to yourself here)
Or, you’re training hard and eating right, but you’re gaining body
– Similar to above
You’ve just finished an intense training cycle, competition, or event
– You could be completely pumped from the cycle, comp, or event
– It’s like when you finish the CrossFit Open or Regionals or a Sanctional
– Time to tap the brakes
You can use lots of performance indicators, but the best thing you have is your gut. Learn how to listen to it.
Partners mentioned in this podcast
*above could be affiliate links. If that’s the case, I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”