In this show I talk about Why abs DON’T start in the kitchen, They Start with Movement!
In this episode you’ll learn about… Why abs DON’T start in the kitchen, They Start with Movement, plus…
- What you need to focus on first.
- When the kitchen actually comes into play.
- Why you need to move differently than you might think.
- How to get started today.
- And much, much more.
There are so many people that talk to me about fitness, diet and how I look. It’s a conversation that almost always comes up. It’s usually after they get a little comfortable with me.
Then they feel the need to let me know that they know what they are doing.
And you know what… they almost all think they know what they are talking about. Or at least (for some reason) they want me to think that.
Well, I’m tired of it all. If you really knew what to do… and knew how easy it was… you’d freaking do it.
Here are some common things that I hear:
* I just eat too many carbs
* I like carbs too much to do what you do
* It’s all about diet
* I did Keto and it worked, but I stopped
* I don’t have time for eating right
* I don’t have time to workout
* I’m too old to be in shape like that
* Just wait until your metabolism slows down
* When you hit 40 it all changes
* When you hit 50 it all changes
* I can’t do that because my knees hurt
I’m hoping that if you’re one of the people that says this to yourself that you’re feeling really uncomfortable right now.
And I hope this is about to feel like a slap across your face!
You don’t know what you’re talking about!
So stop acting like you do. Just stop trying to be right. I get it, we don’t like to feel like we don’t know what we are talking about.
But here’s the deal, just because you read about the Slow Carb Diet, or tried Keto, or tried CrossFit doesn’t mean anything.
I’ve been coaching people for 20 years now, and I know very few people that actually know the whole picture.
Here’s the deal…
If you have an excuse for any of these things, you don’t have anything figured out.
But, the good news is that it’s actually a pretty simple process once you stop trying to think that you know everything.
Here’s the easy process.
1. Stop thinking you have the answer. Sometimes things work and sometimes they don’t, and sometimes they even change. Try things and note what works, and change when it doesn’t, but never stop or give up.
2. It starts with movement, not with food. You need to challenge your body in some way regularly. I get it, you might be uncomfortable with this, or scared of getting injured (I hear it all the time), but you need to get over that and move.
3. Once you have the routine/habit of moving your body regularly, then and only then does this notion of the diet being 70-80% of the equation come into play.
Let’s make it super easy.
* Train your body long and slow (30-60 mins), fast and explosive, and everything in-between. Keeping your body needing to adapt is the key. You don’t have to blast yourself into super soreness.
* Figure out how to lightly track what you’re eating. 40% carb, 30% fats, 30% proteins.
* Eat non package, non processed, grass fed, green leafy, real foods 6 days a week.
Partners mentioned in this podcast
– The Get Better Project Daily Workouts – click here to get started
– WHOOP – Get a free month at WHOOP.com with code “allaroundjoe”
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”