On todays show I talk about… Why you can’t take care of others if you don’t take care of YOURSELF first!
iTunes – Stitcher Radio – Google Play – Spotify
Take care of YOURSELF first!
The Different Ways We Trick Ourselves
This can come in many different forms… and the BIG 3 that I see constantly are…
– Taking care of your kids prior to yourself
– Giving yourself to your job before taking care of your health (mental and physical)
– Doing things for your spouse before taking care of your needs
This has been in my podcast cue for weeks, and I was prompted to actually record it by Josh Todd, when he said that you can’t take care of others until you take care of yourself first. Josh is a habits and addiction specialist that you can learn about in my last podcast.
The root of the problem where you don’t take care of YOURSELF first
– Thinking that other things are more important than you are.
– Forgetting that for you to take care of ANYONE OR ANYTHING the best that you can requires anything less than you being at your best.
– Giving into societal norms or the behavior of those around you.
– This can happen in the fitness world by overtraining yourself to keep up with those around you OR your program.
It it is of the most importance that you take care of YOURSELF first because you will never be able to take care of those around you to your full capacity if you aren’t running at your best.
Partners mentioned in this podcast
– The Get Better Project the online at-home fitness and coaching nutrition program that will get you in amazing shape from home!
– Metta designed for hard charging athletes and people that like to do more! Use code ALLAROUNDJOE for 10% off at DrinkMetta.com
*above could be affiliate links. If that’s the case, I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Help me out!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Click here and follow prompts to “Ratings and Reviews”