This email is (still) coming to you from Chelan WA, where’s it’s currently 72 and sunny, and the lake was so smooth this morning that the reflection of the mountains was unbelievable!!
Here’s what I found cool, interesting, or noteworthy this week.
My latest podcast –
AAJ 244: Why this is the best time in our lives to get into the BEST shape of our lives!
This is true folks! No way around it, and you should take advantage of if. And if you are… here’s a HUGE high five coming from Chelan!
And if you are one of those people busting their butt right now… post about it. Your friends and family need to see what you’re doing, because there’s a lot of people wrecking themselves right now by drinking too much, eating too much, and watching too much damn Tiger King!!!
What I’m using to de-stress –
This is an easy way of putting yourself into a meditative state without any work other than screwing your headphones into your ears. Sounds tough, right…
It’s really amazing how 30 minutes of listening to this (it sounds like rain) can calm your mind.
I use this for relaxing during the day and it’s a GREAT way to shut your mind down before bed.
It’s not just the sounds of rain, it’s much more intense than that. Check it out to find out more.
Thoughts I’m pondering –
How many things will go back to normal vs. how many things are changed forever…
If you have very specific thoughts on what you think will stay the same or change (good or bad)… I’d be interested in hearing them.
Here are some things that I hope will change for good.
– More working from home. Commutes are such a waste of life.
– More (and better) online shopping and food delivery options. Stores should be advertising meals that you can one-click order that come with recipes and ingredients (not exact, but close) from the store. I realize there are pre packaged services that do this, but they cost too much, and stores could do this very easily with pick-up or delivery, and we’d all be healthier for it. Mostly because people don’t know what healthy food is.
– Online workouts with friends – We’ve started doing this in the Get Better Project, and after living in a van for almost two years, we should have been doing this with people already! It’s just a fun way of working out with people you can’t be next to.
– FaceTime calls. I have NEVER ever used FaceTime calls as much with my family and friends as right now. And it’s not because I would have seen them in-person. It’s like we’ve unlocked this new way of seeing each other.
– Everything virtual. Some things, yes, we do need to meet in person for. But I don’t need to meet a realtor or a contractor to get high quality info about a property or job. And there are some service based business owners out there right now that need to step the ***k up! Or you’ll be gone soon.
I’m not sure about this one, but I’m really curious to see what happens to schools. Being homeschooled myself (until high school), it’s very obvious that most of the school systems have been broken for a long time. But will this fix anything…?
Ok, that’s all I have for now. Let me know your thoughts, this is a very interesting time. And if you need anything at all, just let me know!
PS we are still enrolling people into our 30 days of the Get Better Project for FREE. Just let me know if you want in or have questions about how it works. 🙂