I’m guessing that you all are looking forward to this 4th of July holiday… I know I sure am. I spend my time with family, friends, and good food!
How would you like to know how to avoid putting on the usual firework holiday pounds?
There are some easy to follow strategies that will keep you not only looking great, but feeling great too.
Anyone can make this happen, it only takes a little bit of self control. I like to focus on how awful I’ll feel after I eat the “not so good” food.
For example, I’m a huge fan of good pizza, but I know that I feel terrible after eating the pizza. Terrible because of how the food makes my body feel. AND terrible because of the guilt that I’ve associate with eating food that isn’t good for my body. You know that feeling, right?
So I will allow myself to have pizza every once in a while, but I prepare myself for feeling not so good. But the way I’m able to avoid eating pizza all the time when those hunger pains come around, is I think of how it makes me feel. Then I ride that feeling to the healthy restaurant or grocery store.
Once you create that habit, it’s like any other habit, and you’re good to go!
Here are some of the things you should be sure to avoid to keep yourself looking, and feeling good this 4th of July.
These are all things that will cause you to pack on the fat, and feel terrible.
Here are some things you can substitute for the above foods to keep you in the clear.
- Lettuce for burgers and sanwiches
- Beans instead of rice (it’s high in fiber and low glycemic)
- Vegetables or sweet potato chips (Trader Joe’s)
- Plantain chips
- Wine or vodka – I know you probably won’t avoid alcohol altogether, so here are some good choices
- Eat fruits to avoid eating candy – This time of the year the fruit will taste better anyway
- Get seconds of the meat or salads so you’re full, and don’t want dessert – hosts will understand being too full, and it means that you really liked the main course
Using these easy substitutes will make a HUGE difference in how you look and feel this 4th of July holiday.
I know that there are things that I didn’t cover, so if you have any specific food questions, feel free to drop a comment, or email me.
Also, get as many workouts in as possible to keep the metabolism high. If you at the lake… Swim! 😉
Have a great, safe, and healthy 4th of July!