I’m not sure about you, but I used to always think of workout / CrossFit recovery as an afterthought. It was all about the workout!
Well, that all changed when I started doing the competitive CrossFit training from Invictus.
What I started realizing was that more was involved in CrossFit recovery than simply taking your post workout supplements, and eating lots of quality food.
If you want to get the most out of your workout/CrossFit recovery you have to take a number of things seriously. And the biggest starts with listening to your body. If you’re not in-tune with you body, you will never know when your gains are going to stop, and overtraining is going to set in. It can happen faster than you think. And it will stop you in your tracks.
The common signs of overtraining are:
- Having a hard time sleeping.
- Not wanting to eat even though you should be hungry.
- Having no desire to workout, or do much in general.
- Zero sex drive. Yep, all gone.
- And of course, feeling sore, tight, and generally bad.
Doesn’t sound too good does it?
Proper recovery is a big deal, so listen up.
In this episode you learn about Workout / CrossFit Recovery, plus…
- How MobilityWOD can improve your performance. It’s at your fingertips.
- Food, what kinds, and how much you need.
- Post workout nutrition. These are the shakes that I was talking about above, plus some.
- Fish oil and inflamation.
- How bath/hot tubs can help.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
*above are affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you.
Help me out!
If you haven’t done so already, it would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.