If you’re at all like me, you have a hard time getting all the veggies that you’d like to. I mean, I’d love to eat veggies all day long, but they are hard to prioritize into your meals when you’re on the go.
It’s easy to throw meat, nuts, and sweet potato chips in your mouth multiple times per day. But you can’t exactly throw a salad into your mouth. At least not easily.
Because of this dilemma, and kind of by accident, I found something that allows me to get a whole lot of veggies down my trap every single day.
Not only that, but I love this breakfast so much that I’ve eaten it almost every breakfast for the last 4 years.
It might sound crazy, but it tastes great, and even better than that, it makes me feel great!
Breakfast salad sounds weird, right? I think so too, but I’m not really sure what else to call it…
Did I mention that it’s really good? It is!
Here’s how I make this breakfast salad…
- Grab a large stovetop skillet.
- Turn the heat to 3/4 temp.
- For non-sticking, and taste add 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil.
- Then, and this is the salad part… add as much organic spinach as you can fit into the skillet. Don’t worry, it will cook down.
- Toss in you’re required number of eggs. I use 6 eggs that I get a the farm or Trader Joe’s. High quality eggs are where it’s at!
- And lastly, 1 stick of string cheese for oouy gooy goodness.
- From there chop up the string cheese, and spinach with a spatula, and scramble the eggs in the process.
I recommend that you let your breakfast salad cool for 3-5 minutes before eating. Unless you like to burn your mouth. I’m not a fan. 🙂
With this meal you get a HUGE salad worth of spinach to get you off to a great start for the day! And did I mention it tastes GREAT?