This weeks email is coming to you from Summit Lake where we are hoping for the sun to peek out of the sky a little more than is predicted and we can work on our Beach Bod ;-).
Here’s what I found fun, interesting, or noteworthy this week.
My latest podcast –
AAJ 256: How to have cheat meals without consequence
This topic is inspired by the 4th of July holiday that we have coming on strong tomorrow. It’s a holiday that most of us celebrate by eating lots of unhealthy foods. So, I’m giving you (even the cook) a strategy for making all of the food more productive for your body.
You got this!
Meal prep blast from the past –
After 3 years this is still one of our favorite meals to prep and eat all week long! It really doesn’t take too long to prepare, and it so good on day 1, and day 4!
Workout of the week –
Beach Bod by The Get Better Project click here
If you need a good workout (like Beach Bod) to direct your 4th of July eating towards building a great body rather than creating a flabby mess… this is a great one to do on Saturday piling junk into your face :-).
Thought I’ve been pondering –
Practice things in your mind
You can rehearse what you want in your mind. This could be visualizing or simply role playing reactions.
Our minds are amazingly powerful and we tend to take them for granted (I believe too often).
A really fun way of getting started with this is to visualize your perfect day as you’re laying in bed at night. You can throw all reality out the door if you’d like to… your perfect day might have you waking up in a castle in France…. Go for it!
You can also use this to practice how you react to stressful situations. Maybe try this one after you get into the habit of doing the fun visualizations first. But this can be so powerful!
If you want to improve any part of your life… give mental rehearsal a try.
Just so you have a few more ideas of how to use this… here’s what I’ve used it for:
- Visualizing complete life circumstance changes, like living in a different state with a different job, the whole thing.
- Running full races (in high speed) in my head prior to doing them (ultra marathons, Ironman’s, etc.).
- For years I would do workouts in my mind the night before they happened.
- Practicing how I will react when someone says something that I feel is not intelligent.
- Practicing speeches and public speaking before it happens. I just did this the other day before a Zoom presentation.
- Practicing stressful conversations before they happen. With multiple scenarios that could happen.
There you have it! I hope this was fun for you like it was for me :-). If you need anything at all just hit reply and I’ll be there for you.
PS I’m looking for two 70 pound rubber hex dumbbells. If you see any for sale online for a normal’ish price… let me know. Thanks!