Before anyone is going to get any good results with a fitness program they need to figure out why they’re really doing the fitness program. The reasons can be many, but you have to decide what the reason is for YOU!!!! I will start by telling you what my reasons are so you can get an idea of what I’m talking about. These are the things that drive me above all else to workout day in and day out as hard as possible!
1. because I want to mentally see how far I can push myself. Yes mentally! Working out is a MUCH greater mental challenge than a physical challenge!
2. because I want to inspire others to be their best! I like to inspire through actions. Meaning lead by example. All it took was one person to tell me how I’ve impacted their life, and I was hooked! That got me thinking about how I could inspire people on a larger scale which got me thinking about our physical education system, which made me very MAD!!! And that’s a whole different blog post.
3. because my self confidence skyrockets when I know that I looking good and strong!
4. because being in great shape allows me to live a MUCH fuller life! I run and ride through cities and mountains, I snowboard/ski on fresh powdery snow, I kayak on lakes, rivers, and oceans, I swim any eligible bodies of water, and I have the ability to do just about ANYTHING else that life has to offer! I don’t care what anyone says, you CANNOT have the same fulfillment in life if you’re not active!!!!!!! Your life will be subpar until you’re fully able to actively express yourself in the world!
5. because it opens me up to meeting and connecting with a whole group of successful people that are motived to learn and grow! Positive energy is infectious, and unlike schools might teach us, groups are always more powerful than individuals! Always!
Do you get the idea? Now I’ve been doing this for a long time, and my reasons have changed and evolved over time, but all you have to do is get started and never look back! Keep your vision burning in your mind at all times!
Start by asking yourself who you would be if you had your ideal body? What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Other than fitness what ARE you passionate about, and can you intertwine those passions with living a better life, and make a connection with how being fit can help achieve that?
Can you find a mentor? Find someone who’s been where you want to be and ask them for help. I’m going through this process right now in my business life. I’m looking for someone who has been to the level of business success that I want to achieve. Just ask these people for help! It’s in our nature as human beings to want to help people that are passionate about improving. I mentor people in fitness and nutrition all the time. My only requirement is that the person is very passionate about the result that they want to achieve! Some mentors will charge you money and others will do it for free. In my experience it depends on how much time and effort you want your mentor to put into your fitness program. For example when I’m mentoring someone I’m happy to answer as many questions as the men-tee has, but when the men-tee needs daily guidance it become coaching and I usually charge. Paying for a mentor (or coach) isn’t a bad thing and is usually well worth the price. One word of wisdom is make sure that your mentor (or coach) has achieved what you want to achieve!!!!
Now just go out and do it!!! Add your questions and comments below, and let’s go live amazing lives!!! Please share this post. Thanks!