Cheddar Broccoli & Chicken Bake
Personally I don’t really like broccoli unless it’s covered in cheese or butter. So, this fits my requirements :-). And broccoli is just so good for you that it’s hard to ignore it.
- 3 pounds of Trader Joe’s organic chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 package of organic cremini mushrooms from Trader Joe’s
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 0.25 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese from Trader Joe’s
- 1 can Trader Joe’s coconut milk
- 2 cups of raw cashews from Trader Joe’s
- Salt teaspoon
- Pepper teaspoon
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1.5 cups grated Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese from Trader Joe’s
- Chop onion, mushrooms, and broccoli.
- Heat skillet with olive oil, and add onion.
- Once onion is cooked, add mushrooms, and cook for about 4 mins.
- Add broccoli, and cook for about 4 mins.
- Remove from skillets and add to 13×9 baking dish.
- Toss rice and 2 cups of chicken broth to rice cooker. Cook rice.
- Once rice is cooked, add to baking dish.
- While rice is cooking, add chicken to skillet with 1 cup of chicken broth, and add the salt and pepper. Cook chicken fully.
- Add cooked chicken to baking dish.
- In food processor or blender… add can of coconut milk, 2 cups of raw cashews, Parmesan cheese, and a little more black pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour “smooth and creamy” sauce on top of everything else in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on the top of the everything else in the baking dish.
- Stir it all together until it’s evenly distributed in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins.
Nutrition Info Per Meal
Fat 27 grams
Carbs 27 grams
Protein 60 grams
*This came from MyFitnessPal
The taste report
Ok, so, here’s the deal… I really dislike broccoli. Like it’s probably my least favorite thing to eat. BUT I really, really enjoyed this meal. I think it’s all about how the broccoli is cooked, and the amount of cheese that you add. Anyway, even if you dislike broccoli (like me) you just might enjoy this meal prep. Fingers crossed!