This is from an 18 mile training race outside of Boston where the conditions were by far the worst I have ever encountered.
37 degrees with a real feel of 27!
If you’re doing to be running in these conditions don’t wear waterproof shoes :-).
The proper clothing is…
- Light weight running shoes that allow water to exit the shoe easily
- Light weight running tights that are thick enough to keep you warm
- Breathable running shirt (long or short sleeved)
- Waterproof shell on top (the only thing I did right)
- Running gloves
- Hat to keep the rain out of your eyes
Light weight running shoes
For this application I like Ultra running shoes, or some Nike Free running shoes.
Your shoes are going to get wet, you just want to make sure your feet are comfortable.
Light weight running tights
My favorite running tights are Skins.
The Skins tights seem to fit an athletic body better than other tights that I’ve tried.
And they don’t slide down as much. Which is a HUGE bonus!
Breathable running shirt
Good luck on your next bad weather run!